[Condor-devel] condor_common.h, condor_open.h and _CONDOR_ALLOW_OPEN_AND_FOPEN OH MY!

It seems strange to me that including condor_common.h will get you safe_open_wrapper unless you #define _CONDOR_ALLOW_OPEN_AND_FOPEN, in which case you have to explicitly include condor_open.h to get the wrapper.

Is there wisdom behind this or is it just a mistake? Does it have something to do with details of the evil f/open poisoning?

Why should condor_common.h not include safe_open_wrapper when all I'm doing by specifying _CONDOR_ALLOW_OPEN_AND_FOPEN is saying that I want to be able to use f/open?

Best,

matt