[Condor-devel] Condor CVS repository back online

I'm happy to report that everything went great with the stale build tag cleaning, and the Condor CVS repository is back online. Every build tag from before Sept 2007 is now gone.

All CVS access is now restored, the rsync jobs to copy the repository to NMI are running smoothly again, and the nightly builds (both the tag generator and the jobs to submit the builds on nmi-s003) are enabled. Furthermore, the tag cleaning script is now installed in cndr-cvs's crontab on chopin:

30 23 * * * /s/std/bin/runauth -a /p/condor/home/tools/cvs-tools/ clean_build_tags

It's currently configured to keep 33 days worth of tags each time it runs. We can easily tweak this figure in the future if we want.

A few numbers for the interested reader...

Total number of tags removed: 3216

The total size of the repository shrank by: 320 megabytes.

Time the major cleaning script ran: 16.5 hours

Average time to remove a tag at the start: ~28 seconds

Average time to remove a tag at the end: ~8 seconds

Average time to remove a tag from AFS before the cleaning: ~500 seconds

Average time to remove a tag from AFS after the cleaning: ~181 seconds

If anyone notices anything fishy, finds build tags from before sept 2007 still in the repo somewhere, or otherwise has any questions/ feedback, please let me know.

Cheers,
-Derek