Re: [Condor-devel] follow up SOAP questions

At 01:58 PM 3/5/2007, Matthew Farrellee wrote:

> >> I believe condor_submit just knows the type based on the name of
> the
> >> attribute. For instance, maybe Rank and Requirements are always the
> >> only expressions. I don't think there are any specific guidelines.
> Thanks.  I'll take another look in the code and do some more testing.

Can anyone else add some input about this?

At the ClassAd level, if the right-hand side of an inserted expression is quoted with double quotations, then the expression is a string literal. If the right-hand side of the expression is not quoted, then it is an expression.

Take a look at condor_submit; it knows which are expressions and which are strings and inserts the expressions into the ad appropriately.

If you are writing your own submit client, I would suggest submitting a job via condor_submit and then inspect the classad via "condor_q -l". Attributes that are string values will be double quoted, expressions will not.

Hope this helps,
Todd

Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences
tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx                  1210 W. Dayton St. Rm #4257
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~tannenba      Madison, WI 53706-1685
Phone: (608) 263-7132  FAX: (608) 262-9777