[Condor-devel] copy_to_spool in Condor 6.9.X

I was reading the 6.9 release notes when I saw this:

* The default value for the submit file command copy_to_spool has been
  changed to False, because copying the executable to the spool
  directory for each job (or job cluster) is almost never desired.
  Previously, the default was True in all cases, except for grid
  universe jobs and remote submissions.

I would *strongly* recommend this be modified to make the default
continue to be True for the standard universe.

A standard universe job will *not* be able to restore from checkpoint
if the executable changes.  I would not like to lose weeks or months
of work because my job cannot restart, and in most cases it will be
impossible to recreate the precise executable from the source (given
changes in compilers, linkers, and Condor itself).

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics