[Condor-devel] file tranfer type

Hi,

I work on the new version of quill (quillpp as we call it). After the
schema meeting with Todd and Greg, we decided to add a column to the
transfers table to record the transfer type. But I am not sure what data
type is the best to use for the column? a string or a number? Would anyone
with expertise on file transfering throw in some suggestions here?

Thank you,

Jiansheng

P.S.

here is the schema for the transfer table:

CREATE TABLE  transfers (
globaljobid  	varchar(4000),
src_name  	varchar(4000),
src_host  	varchar(4000),
src_port	integer,
src_path 	varchar(4000),
dst_name  	varchar(4000),
dst_host  	varchar(4000),
dst_port        integer,
dst_path  	varchar(4000),
transfer_size_bytes   numeric(38),
elapsed  	numeric(38),
src_daemon      varchar(30),
dst_daemon  	varchar(30),
checksum    	varchar(32),
tranfer_time	timestamp(3) with time zone,
last_modified	timestamp(3) with time zone,
transfer_type   ?
);