Re: [Condor-devel] Has Condor considered NSS?

In delegation, the receiving party creates a new public/private key pair and sends the public key over the connection to be signed (actually, I believe it's a certificate request). The sending party signs the certificate with the private key of the source credential and returns the signed certificate. No private keys ever go over the network.

Condor uses delegation to transfer X509 credentials over a network connection. There's a config parameter to tell it to simply copy the credentials instead.

 -- Jaime