[Condor-devel] Re: BUG report - Incorrect TargetType in condor_query.C

Resending in Plain text.  As an addendum, I found another "bug"

When the following query is sent, condor_collector sends back the submittor ads with a "Scheduler" type. However, when SetMyTypeName(name) is invoked (line 833 in classad.C), it ends up
magically setting it to "Submitter". Am really very confused now.

Rajesh Rajamani wrote:
Folks,
There is a type mismatch in condor_query.C (line 301), where a submittor_ad query's targettype is set to schedd_adtype. In other words, to query the submittor ads, condor_status sends a

Command code - 12 (QUERY_SUBMITTOR_ADS;)
but a query ad with type set to "Scheduler".

condor_status -submitters -diagnose

----------

Set by arg 1 (-submitters), Mode = Submittors (Schedd)

Set by arg 1 (-submitters), Query type = SUBMITTOR

----------

MyType = "Query"

TargetType = "Scheduler"

Requirements = TRUE

----------

Result of making query ad was:  0

This works because there is a bug in the collector that cancels this out. It'll be good if a submittor query's targettype is set to "Submittor".

Rajesh Rajamani
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Direct : +1.408.321.9000
Fax    : +1.408.904.5992
Mobile : +1.650.218.9131
raj@xxxxxxxxxx

Optena Corporation
2860 Zanker Road, Suite 201
San Jose, CA 95134
www.optena.com

This electronic transmission (and any attached documents) contains information from Optena Corporation and is for the sole use of the individual or entity it is addressed to. If you receive this message in error, please notify me and destroy the attached message (and all attached documents) immediately.