Re: [Gems-users] Logging or profiling accessed memory addresses

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 01:13:49 -0500
From: Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Logging or profiling accessed memory addresses
Each time a cpu requests a memory address (that is cacheable), the request gets sent to the makeRequest method in ruby/system/Sequencer.C.  In this method you can determine the chip the request is on by checking Sequencer's m_chip_ptr->getID() method.  The processor core on the chip can be found by checking Sequencer's m_version member.  If you're using SMT, this is more difficult and you'd likely want to do this from opal's side.

For how to log specific accesses, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but you should be able to add the appropriate code in sequencer to do this.

Phil