Re: [Gems-users] How to compile Ruby to work with x86 targets (specifically tango)

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:00:27 -0000
From: Demian Rosas <rosasd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to compile Ruby to work with x86 targets (specifically tango)
Thanks for the quick reply Rakesh,

I commented the corresponding line and it compiled well. Thanks.

Now I have followed the Quick Start steps until the point of
initializing Ruby. Then when I start the simulation I got the error

"failed assertion 'mem_trans->s.may_stall' at fn MemoryTransactionResult
SimicsProcessor::makeRequest(memory_transaction_t*) in
simics/SimicsProcessor.C:326"

following this thread:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2008-February/msg00041.shtml

I started the simulation without issuing "instruction-fetch-mode
instruction-fetch-trace". After that I get this error "Exception in hap
handler: Non-existent x86 Register".

I am using a checkpoint for a 1 core tango machine. Is it possible to
use tango with GEMS?, if so, is there some parameter to set in order to
indicate Ruby that it is a tango machine?

Is there any documentation to check for this kind of issues?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers.