Re: [Gems-users] Setting up GEMS-2.1.1 and Simics 4.2

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:47:23 -0800
From: rajath hegde <rajathsh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Setting up GEMS-2.1.1 and Simics 4.2
Hi Juan,

    I had trouble getting GEMS installed with Simics 4.2 and here is what helped me:
1. Download the patch available at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/gems/addon.html
2. Install the patch and it should update the necessary files to get GEMS working with Simics 4.2
    To install the patch, you have to copy the patch file to your $GEMS directory and do "quilt push"

Now you should be all set to install GEMS (Ruby works fine but the Opal module still has trouble and I haven't yet figured a way out yet)

Thanks,