[Gems-users] How does simics set its pc (program counter)?

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:36:47 +0800
From: "Peter Fang" <fangzhenman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How does simics set its pc (program counter)?
Hi, everyone!
I got a strange problem for Simics 3.0.31.
When I step simics one instruction per core for a sparc multi-core simulation,
it never ends. And the strange thing is that for core0, after it executes an
instruction cmp %o7, 0, %g0, the next pc is set to 0x105cde4. And no instruction
in other cores modify the next pc of core0. However, when I step for core0 again,
the instruction is executed at pc 0x10009c0, surprisingly not the next pc value of
last instruction!!!
So I wonder how simics set its pc. Is it set to the next pc value of last
instruction? Any idea?

2010-10-13

Peter Fang