[Gems-users] prefetch requests

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:44:22 -0500
From: Carole-Jean Wu <carolewu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] prefetch requests
Hi,

I am studying the effectiveness of different hardware prefetching algorithms and would like to know whether or not hardware prefetchers are implemented in the default GEMS package. I am seeing statistic counters, m_prefetches, hw_prefetches, and sw_prefetches, but these are always zero. In addition, all cache messages have a field called isPrefetch. I am wondering if this is used.

There is another prefetch request counter in SimicsDriver.h/C. However, it is hard to tell who increments this.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Carole