[Gems-users] How can I detect cache overflows?

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:59:55 +0800
From: "wmyhome"<wmyhome@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How can I detect cache overflows?
Title: Mail
Hi guys,

    I set up a Transaction Cache(TC) located at the save level of L1 and it still follows the operating system's cache coherency protocol. I use TC When in transactions and L1 in non-transactions. Once I use some benchmarks of large transactions, TC will overflow. My job is to prevent cache overflow. I wonder which file(s) and function(s) in ruby do detecting and judging cache overflows? And what's the mechanism?

    I use Lazy Version Manageement and Lazy Conflict Dectect in ruby of GEMS 2.1. I'm afraid the tm system do detecting cache overflow only when I commit the transaction, but it's too late to prevent it. If I don't change it to Eager conflict detect, what can I do to detect the overflows as soon as possible before its commiting?

    I appreciate it if someone can give me some idea about it. Thanks.

Best Wishes

Wu Mingyu

2010-08-18