[Gems-users] Please verify the steps involved in running benchmark in Ruby

Date: 15 Apr 2010 20:13:15 -0000
From: "lopamudra chatterjee" <lopamudralopa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Please verify the steps involved in running benchmark in Ruby
Hi,

Could anyone please verify that following are the steps involved in running benchmark in Simics+Ruby

1. Install OS by using the installation scripts and mentioning the number of processor using the common script & take an OS checkpoint.
2. Load the OS checkpoint
3. Run benchmark [without ruby loaded].
4. Upon completion take a checkpoint (cold checkpoint)
5. Load the cold checkpoint
6. instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
7. istc-disable
8. dstc-disable
9. cpu-switch-time 1
10.magic-break-enable
11.load-module ruby
12.ruby0.init
13.ruby0.tracer-output-file water.gz
14.c
16.Run benchmark
15.Upon completion take a warm-checkpoint.
16.Load the warm checkpoint.
17.Load ruby by using the same steps as 6-12
17.load-caches water.gz
18.clear-stats
18.c
19.run benchmark
19. at end dump stats

Please tell me if I am doing something wrongly or missing soemthing.

If the processor numbers are not continuous like a 32 core serengeti do I need to do something else?

Regards,
Lopamudra