[Gems-users] Channel bits set in GEMS

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:30:05 +0800
From: "张轶" <zhangyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Channel bits set in GEMS
Hi, all

I would like to transfer the memory controller bits to higher place instead of the default place above the offset bits. I have tried all the method I could think of, but they all failed.

Is it possible to transfer the controller bits to other place in the address mapping? How should I do in the GEMS?

The followings are some of my tests with their failure messages:

1) I have tried to transfer memory channel bits to the highest bits in the address mapping, and also tried to set the channel bits above the rank bits.  There both comes out the same error:
Fatal Error: in fn virtual void Sequencer::wakeup() in system/Sequencer.C:161: Aborting
Abort (SIGABRT) in main thread
The simulation state has been corrupted. Simulation cannot continue.
Please restart Simics.
Warning: in fn virtual void Sequencer::wakeup() in system/Sequencer.C:153: request is [CacheMsg: Address=[0x723f3c, line 0x723f00] PhysicalAddress=[0x723f3c, line 0x723f00] Type=ST ProgramCounter=[0xc0440537, line 0xc0440500] AccessMode=SupervisorMode Size=4 Prefetch=No Version=0 LogicalAddress=[0xc0723f3c, line 0xc0723f00] ThreadID=0 Timestamp=0 ExposedAction=0 Time=2494 ]
.
.
.

Then I tried to comment out "if (current_time - request.getTime() >= g_DEADLOCK_THRESHOLD)" in Sequencer::wakeup().
I assume in this way the threshold would correspond to a infinite value. Then there comes out:
simics> c ruby0.init
Ruby Timing Mode
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
  Processors: 2
id: 1804289383
id: 846930886
Creating system done
Ruby initialization complete
simics> c
*** Event queue overflowed (limit reached) - stopped.
Increase sim.event_queue_max (currently 4096) if this is
not an error symptom.

3). In the default set of memory controller bits, if I comment out "if (current_time - request.getTime() >= g_DEADLOCK_THRESHOLD)" in Sequencer::wakeup(), system runs without errors.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Regards,

Zhang Yi