Re: [Gems-users] The MachineID has no data member num?

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:54:29 -0500
From: Byn Choi <bynchoi1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] The MachineID has no data member num?
Look at

protocols/RubySlicc_Types.sm

I'm not sure if slicc can actually directly access fields. You may need to write get*() function to achieve what you are trying to do.

Byn

On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:37 PM, Ma Dafan wrote:

Hi, there.
I'm trying to hack the Slicc file,  and found something strange, I modified the code , which cause error when compiling,

the error notice emerging:
"../protocols/MOESI_CMP_
directory-L2cache.sm:1442: Error: Invalid object field: Type 'MachineID' does not have data member num"
It seems the error occurred because I add this in the file:
"peek(responseNetwork_in, ResponseMsg) {
    L2cacheMemory.allocate(address);
    //L2cacheMemory.lookup(address).CoreID :=in_msg.Sender.num; //wy: it seems not request in L1cache
     L2cacheMemory.SetCoreID(address,in_msg.Sender.num);
}
"
Isn't num a data member of MachineID?I clearly remember that the MachineID has two data member: type and num, or just the sm file cannot identify the data member of MachineID? If I want to refer num in my protocol, what I should do? modifying “MOESI_CMP_directory-msg.sm” or something else?
would you help me with this? and I'll appreciate it.
btw: protocol I hack is MOESI_CMP_directory,  and "L2cacheMemory.SetCoreID" is a function I add, with nothing illegal, I guess.

--
Regards!