[Gems-users] Problems starting simics after loading ruby

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:58:05 +0200
From: Crispin <crigore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Problems starting simics after loading ruby
Hi there.

As stated in the subject of the mail I'm having problems to continue
with the simics simulation after loading the ruby module. Following, I
paste the log of the execution:

./simics -stall -x entrada.simics -no-win
Checking out a license... done: academic license.

  +----------------+    Copyright 1998-2007 by Virtutech, All Rights
Reserved
  |   Virtutech    |    Version: Simics 3.0.31
  |     Simics     |    Build: 1406  Host: x86-linux
  +----------------+
    www.simics.com      "Virtutech" and "Simics" are trademarks of
Virtutech AB

Use of this software is subject to appropriate license.
Type 'copyright' for details on copyright.
Type 'help help' for info on the on-line documentation.

[cpu0 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is
implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
[cpu1 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is
implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
[cpu2 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is
implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
[cpu3 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is
implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
The switch time will change to 1 cycles (for CPU-0) once all processors
have synchronized.
successful installation of the ruby timing model.
Ruby Timing Mode
Warning: optimizations not enabled.
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
  Processors: 4
Creating system done
Ruby initialization complete
fork failed: Cannot allocate memory
Unable to start readhist; only limited command line editing available

I have searched for this error on the list, and I haven't found anything
about it. The input file "entrada-simics" contains the following:

read-configuration
/raid/urano/crigore/simics/2010-03/generated/fft-p4-s16/fft-p4-s16.checkpoint
instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
istc-disable
dstc-disable
cpu-switch-time 1
load-module ruby
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_PROCESSORS 4
ruby0.setparam g_PROCS_PER_CHIP 4
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_L2_BANKS 4
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_MEMORIES 4
ruby0.setparam g_endpoint_bandwidth 1000
ruby0.setparam g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES 4294967296
ruby0.setparam_str g_CACHE_DESIGN MESH_2D
ruby0.setparam_str g_GARNET_NETWORK true
ruby0.setparam_str g_DETAIL_NETWORK false
ruby0.init

The checkpoint is a valid checkpoint that we have used on other works.
If it helps, I'm also using a script that sets the following environment
vars:

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/simics/gems-2-2/simicsfromhell/simics-3.0.31/x86-linux/sys/lib/
export LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export SIMICS_EXTRA_LIB=./modules
export LANG=C
export
SIMICS_INCLUDE_ROOT=${HOME}/simics/gems-2-2/simicsfromhell/simics-3.0.31/src/include/
export SIMICS_INSTALL=${HOME}/simics/gems-2-2/simicsfromhell/simics-3.0.31/
export GEMS=${HOME}/simics/gems-2-2/gems-2.1.1/

Does someone know what's going on?

Thanks, sincerely.
Cris.