Re: [Gems-users] Regarding ruby speed

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:07:23 -0500
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Regarding ruby speed
If you can simplify and speed up ruby + simics we'd be thrilled to have it.

Unfortunately, it is not as easy as you might think. Even though there are some tricks you can do and the code is not ideal, it is still a simulator and cache statistics takes time to obtain because Ruby models detailed coherence protocols and the network.