Re: [Gems-users] problems when add a victim cache structure in .sm files

Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:38:58 +0800
From: "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] problems when add a victim cache structure in .sm files
Hi,
I am still blocked here.

Besides, I tried to implement another VictimBuffer.h following the way that the TBETable structure did. Because this structure is declared without any constructor, at the same time without abstract_chip_ptr="true"  in .sm file.

external_type(VictimBuffer) {
    // some VictimBuffer function written in VictimBuffer.h
   }
VictimBuffer L1DVictim,template_hack="<L1Victim_Entry>";

The codes above were added to L1cache.sm .While the class VictimBuffer were added by writing a new VictimBuffer.h and added into ruby/system folder.

However, error information still exists such as error: 'm_L1Cache_L1DVictim_vec' was not declared in this scope" or error: `L1Victim_Entry' was not declared in this scope.

I checked the file and found that Global.h in ruby/common and Type.C in slicc/symbols has some codes about structure CacheMemory or TBETable .

I am not sure whether I need to add some codes as CacheMemory ( TBETable) did to implement my structure VictimCache(VictimBuffer)?

In one word, how can I add the new structure VictimCache in L1.sm file by myself?
Where should be locations that I need to add or modify codes to implement the structure?

Any tips will be appreciated!