Re: [Gems-users] Ruby power model

Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:23:46 -0500
From: Polina <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Ruby power model
I am a little bit confused about how you are simulating x86 if GEMS runs on Simics which simulates SPARC. Did you plug ruby into some other simulator?

Polina

Andrea Bartolini wrote:
Dear experts,
I'm using gems, ruby, to simulate the memory hierarchy of a multicore x86 target system. I'm just use ruby without opal actived. I'm interested in simulate power effects and I read that gems have a power model already implemented. I checked in the directory tree and I found something in the opal part of gems. Does anybody know if the power model is suitable even in only ruby usage? And if it is is just for interconnect or even for memory hierarchy power? And how it works?

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Andrea