Re: [Gems-users] Data packet transmission through network

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:42:45 -0700
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Data packet transmission through network
I am not sure how well GEMS supports "real Network" packet transmission.

2009/7/17 harry y <yh_0116@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Niket,

Thanks a lot for your clarification. Actually I can see the naming convention in the parsing work in Topology.C. Thanks.

But I still have another problem in doubt. I would like to run some inter-thread (each thread is binded to one processor) communication application on an interconnected CMP. Building the network, and setting the routes, are no problem, but transmitting a REAL packet from one processor to another poses one to me. Since Ruby is no physical network but simulation concept from my understanding, I don't expect a system call in my C code to do the data transmission (would be great if any). So how can I realize a packet/data transmission in my code, or using simics commans?

I guess this question is not limited to Garnet but GEMS general concepts, so any clarification would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Harry y