[Gems-users] Garnet startup

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:08:09 +0000
From: harry y <yh_0116@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Garnet startup

Hi Gems guys,
I am attempting to build a simple 2x2 mesh network using Garnet, but kind of lost in the process. Could anyone give guidance on my procedure below?

1. I build a MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol.
2. And in rubyconfig.defaults I set the following parameters

g_NUM_PROCESSORS: 4
g_NUM_L2_BANKS: 4
g_NUM_MEMORIES: 1
g_PROCS_PER_CHIP: 1

and garnet related following the GEMS wiki

g_NETWORK_TOPOLOGY: FILE_SPECIFIED
g_GARNET_NETWORK: true
g_DETAIL_NETWORK: true
g_NETWORK_TESTING: false
g_FLIT_SIZE: 16
g_VCS_PER_CLASS: 1
g_BUFFER_SIZE: 4
g_CACHE_DESIGN: MESH
recompiled ruby.

3. Then I use the NetworkFileMaker.py at $GEMS/ruby/network/simple/Network_Files to generated a topology file named "MESH_Procs-4_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-4_Memories-1.txt"
I am not sure whether those are enough to create a network. Several doubts are:

1. Which file is the FILE_SPECIFIED pointed to? Should it be the one generated above? How does it recognize it?
2. How should I quickly test the network? Should I follow the gen-script.py and build workload to test it? Actually I run the generated tester.exec, but it give the following error:

[harry@lnx7 bin]$ ./tester.exec
error: in fn int confio_t::applyConfiguration(attr_value_t*) in ../common/ioutil/confio.C:472: error: "g_GARNET_NETWORK" not found. unable to set value.
error: in fn int confio_t::applyConfiguration(attr_value_t*) in ../common/ioutil/confio.C:472: error: "g_DETAIL_NETWORK" not found. unable to set value.
error: in fn int confio_t::applyConfiguration(attr_value_t*) in ../common/ioutil/confio.C:472: error: "g_NETWORK_TESTING" not found. unable to set value.
error: in fn int confio_t::applyConfiguration(attr_value_t*) in ../common/ioutil/confio.C:472: error: "g_FLIT_SIZE" not found. unable to set value.
error: in fn int confio_t::applyConfiguration(attr_value_t*) in ../common/ioutil/confio.C:472: error: "g_VCS_PER_CLASS" not found. unable to set value.
error: in fn int confio_t::applyConfiguration(attr_value_t*) in ../common/ioutil/confio.C:472: erro! r: "g_BUFFER_SIZE" not found. unable to set value.
Does it mean Garnet is not properly configured?

Since I am new to GEMS, any guidance is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Harry

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out