[Gems-users] a puzzle on the semantic of TM of ACID

Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:23:46 +0800
From: ruzhu kao <kaoruzhu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] a puzzle on the semantic of TM of ACID
Hi all:
   I have read some literatures about transactional memory, which make
me a little puzzle whether we should consider Consistent as TM's
attribute. Especially about LogTM, it does't import C, but when I read
its precursor TLTM which treats ACI as its attributes. In my opinion,
consistent is an important attribute to guarantee system's
correctness. My question is why recently HTMs including LogTM have not
explicitly treat it as one of their attributes?
  Any comments will be welcome.