[Gems-users] Write-update protocol

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:32:24 -0500
From: Abdullah Kayi <apokayi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Write-update protocol
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the possibility of a write-update based CC protocol in GEMS. As far as I know all the protocols provided are write-invalidate based and as I saw in an older thread it is hard to implement write-update protocol in GEMS.

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2007-June/msg00044.shtml

Did anyone try to experiment this before? What about write-through policy? If GEMS is not a good option for these, any ideas for an alternative simulator?

Thanks,

AK