Re: [Gems-users] Problem with compiling ruby on RHEL5 64bit

Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:53:18 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Problem with compiling ruby on RHEL5 64bit
Verify the calc_host.sh script is returning 'amd64-linux' for your system. If not, hard-wire the script to do so and recompile.

Regards,
Dan

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Zya Zya <yuangge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello
I think I meet a problem with compiling ruby.
The OS is RHEL5 64bit. When I  compile ruby with "make PROTOCOL=MOSI_SMP_bcast DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast"
There is an error as following:
generated/MOSI_SMP_bcast/attrparse.c:1: error: CPU you selected does not suppo x86-64 instruction set
When I change -march from i686 to be x86-64, another problem comes out.
Has anyone meet such problem before? How do you handle this?

Thanks a lot and merry Xmas!