Re: [Gems-users] FILE_SPECIFIED topology details

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:10:30 -0500
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] FILE_SPECIFIED topology details

1. As far as I understand, this file specifies that, say, int_node 0 and int_node 1 are interconnected assuming bidirectional link of latency=1 and weight=1. How can I substitute one bidirectional link for two uni-directional ones and set different latency and (possibly) weight values for them? Would it be correct simply to set interconnection as follows:

int_node:0 int_node:1 link_latency:1 bw_multiplier:16 link_weight:1
int_node:1 int_node:0 link_latency:2 bw_multiplier:16 link_weight:3

You would have to change the default way in which the topology is created in GEMS. You can take a look at Topology.C

2. When g_adaptive_routing = true, which parameter among the two: link_latency and link_weight, has bigger priority for routing decision?

I think it is link_weight, but you can confirm from the Topology.C file.