Re: [Gems-users] Hello, I'm new user about GEMS

Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:16:51 -0600
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Hello, I'm new user about GEMS
Hi Jungwook,

GEMS is a detailed memory system simulator. So, it does check L1, then L2 and only then memory. However, the important bit is that as GEMS is right now, it is only a detailed timing simulator, so the cache protocol does not keep track of the data. You will get the most recent data, but not by virtue of the coherence protocol, but via simics.

Hope this helps.

Polina