Re: [Gems-users] Ruby error in assertion

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:54:45 -0500
From: Wael Kdouh <waelkdouh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Ruby error in assertion
Try setting m_virtual_networks to 5 rather than the default value of 4. I believe you can find it in the ruby configurations file.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Anup Holey <holey003@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

While running a transactional benchmark 'conswtch' I got following error on Simics prompt.
What could be the problem in this case? I observed same error while running other transactional benchmark as well.

Caught time breakpoint
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
D-STC is currently *OFF*
I-STC is currently *OFF*
Deprecation warning: variable assignment without variable prefix $.
[cpu0 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache line size.
[cpu1 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache line size.
[cpu2 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache line size.
[cpu3 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache line size.
cpu0: instruction-cache-access-trace
cpu1: instruction-cache-access-trace
cpu2: instruction-cache-access-trace
cpu3: instruction-cache-access-trace
Caught time breakpoint
successful installation of the ruby timing model.
Ruby Timing Mode
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
Processors: 4
failed assertion 'network_num < m_virtual_networks' at fn void SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool, int) in network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:203
failed assertion 'network_num < m_virtual_networks' at fn void SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool, int) in network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:203
At this point you might want to attach a debug to the running and get to the
crash site; otherwise press enter to continue
PID: 29313