[Gems-users] Using "Opal0.sim-step 4_000_0000_0000" command does not advance the simulation state

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:34:58 -0500
From: Wael Kdouh <waelkdouh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Using "Opal0.sim-step 4_000_0000_0000" command does not advance the simulation state
I managed to successfully run my benchmarks with Ruby enabled within Simics while disabling Opal. But when I enable opal I am getting confused regarding the synchronization between Simics cycles and Opal cycles. In other words, even though I run opal for billion of instructions, I never get the host machine to execute any command which as I mentioned before would have executed otherwise with Opal disabled.

Furthermore when I check the number of cycles advanced after for example advancing opal for 4_000_0000_0000 instructions using the following command "opal0.sim-step 4_000_0000_0000", I notice that Simics only advances a single instruction which I believe is behind the reason for the host machine not executing any instructions.

Your help is highly appreciated.