[Gems-users] some questions about MOESI_CMP_directory

Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:49:36 +0800
From: "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] some questions about MOESI_CMP_directory
Hi all,
I am studying MOESI_CMP_directoy protocol and encountered some problems:
(1)I found that NodeID which stands for the processor number is of type int, while m_version included in CacheMsg structure also means the instance of the sequencer. In a 16-p CMP systems just integrated in a single chip, for a specified cpu, is the processor's NodeID equals to the corresponding m_version?

(2)In MOESI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm. Some transition codes really puzzled me:

  transition(NP, {L1_PUTS, L1_PUTX, L1_PUTO}) {
    ll_writebackNack;
    o_popL1RequestQueue;
  }

I think the NP state of L2cache may means that there is no valid cache block of some specified address on chip. So how does the L1_PUTS produced? Meanwhile, what is the "ll_writebackNack" action used for here?

Thanks in advance!