Re: [Gems-users] [GEMS] Garnet Warm Up

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:29:45 -0400
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] [GEMS] Garnet Warm Up
Hi,

Currently there is no single flag that controls the warm up of various GARNET performance counters. If the experiments run for sufficient amount of time, warming up the performance counters is not as necessary.

If you want, you can add an "if" condition before all the counter increments to check for say, time > 10000. This will ensure that counters start counting after 10k cycles.

Cheers,
Niket

akumar@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi  Friends,

Does garnet module allows warm up. I am unable to find that all the garnet
performance counters are under the control of some variable so that I can run them as when I want. If this is not the case then do I need to
manually start the performance counters with some condition. Any help will
be really appreciated in this regard.

--amit