Re: [Gems-users] transactional memory and Opal

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:24:45 -0500
From: Jayaram Bobba <bobba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] transactional memory and Opal
The TM implementation in GEMS does not work in the presence of Opal.
It only works in the SIMICS+ruby mode.

Jayaram

huitzu shih wrote:
I used GEMS-2.1 and simics-2.2.19 to run deque-tm.
But when I use ruby+opal module to execute it , I miss the transcational memory information. All "Transactional Memory Stats" are zero. (Show below) I use opal to get the WATTCH power information. In other words, I want to execute the transactional memory program and get WATTCH power information. Are there any solutions?
Please help me! Thanks
Transactional Memory Stats:
xact_size_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_instr_count: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_time_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_log_size_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_read_set_size_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_write_set_size_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_overflow_read_lines_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_overflow_write_lines_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_overflow_read_set_size_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_overflow_write_set_size_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_miss_load_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_miss_store_dist: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ]
xact_nacked: 0
xact_retries: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ] xact_abort_delays: [binsize: 1 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ]
xact_aborts:        0
xact_writebacks:    0
xact_extra_wbs:    0
xact_handler_startup_delay: -1