Re: [Gems-users] simulation of TCC via GEMS

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:09:56 -0500
From: Jayaram Bobba <bobba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] simulation of TCC via GEMS
Bernard,

GEMS does not simulate TCC. It does contain an 'idealized'
lazy/lazy TM implementation (with infinite store buffers and
zero cycle token arbitration). Please see
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/multifacet/papers/isca07_pathologies.pdf
for more details on the lazy/lazy TM implementation.

For workloads with small transactions that fit in
private caches, I think LL would perform similar to TCC.

Jayaram