Re: [Gems-users] built-in topology

Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 14:20:45 -0400
From: "Niket Agarwal (niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] built-in topology
> I have some questions about the torus_2d built-in topology in ruby
> (garnet_fixed_pipeline).

I would suggest using the FILE_SPECIFIED topology with garnet. For a detailed network, there are certain things (deadlock, etc) that have to specially taken care of for topologies like torus.

> Environment:
>
> 16 processors, 1processor per chip, 16 memory banks.
>
> 1. There are 16 routers in total. Each router has 7 input links and
> 7 output
> links. How is the router connected to the L1 cache, L2 cache and
> memorydirectory. For example, for router_0, which link is connected
> to L1, L2 and
> memory, respectively?
> 2. How are the routers connected to each other? Where do the output
> linksof  router_0 go? e.g. where does link 4 of router_0 go?

If you are using garnet, you will a get a dump of the topology with all links for routers and interfaces. You can take a look and find that out.

Cheers,
Niket