[Gems-users] MessageBuffer ordering

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:22:28 +0100
From: Marco Solinas <marco.solinas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] MessageBuffer ordering
Hi list!

I have a doubt regarding MessageBuffer ordering.
If a MessageBuffer belongs to an ordered virtual network, I'm sure that two outgoing messages are served in the same order they are insered in the buffer (for this reason, Ruby checks if a message is enqueued with a correct latency). My doubt is about unordered virtual networks. If I enqueue a first message that, for some reason, has a latency of (say) 10 cycles, and then I enqueue a second message that belongs to the SAME block of the first one, with a latency of 3 cycles, does the second message leave the buffer and enter the network BEFORE the first one? The problem is that I need that even if I specify two different latencies for two messages for the same block, it is important for me that the second message leaves the buffer after the first one, doesn't matter whether or not the second latency is smaller than the first one. I want to be sure of this.

Hope you can help me!
Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Marco