[Gems-users] Ruby determinism

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:56:52 +0530 (IST)
From: divya ramakrishnan <tickly2002192@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby determinism
Hi,

Is Ruby+Simics deterministic or not? I found previous threads on this topic but with contradictory answers in different threads.
Could someone please clarify if Ruby is deterministic if I keep all the parameters the same, including the Random seed. I obtain drastically different results for different runs of the same simulation.
Can Simics give completely different instructions executed in different runs?

Thank you,
Divya Ramakrishnan