Re: [Gems-users] Gems Questions

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:55:09 +1200
From: "Fuad Tabba" <fuad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Gems Questions
Great, thanks.

/Fuad

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Jayaram Bobba <bobba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You need a  new simics command to ruby (similar to "dump-stats").
Quoting from our internal wiki (entry made by Dan Gibson)

  1.

     Decide name of command, arguments, etc.

  2.

     Add an entry for your command to module/commands.py.

  3.

     Add a RUBY_COMMAND([COMMAND_NAME]) macro in module/ruby.c.

  4.

     Update module/ruby.c's ruby_session_set() function to check for
     the new command.

  5.

     Add a declaration of [FUNCTION_NAME] to simics/commands.h.

  6.

     Implement [FUNCTION_NAME] in simics/commands.C.

Jayaram