Re: [Gems-users] cache values 0

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:27:24 -0500
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] cache values 0
Looks to me that you only stepped the simulation by one Ruby cycle.

Dinagar Raghunathan wrote:

Hi team,

I ran the ruby and opal as per GEMS wiki Quick Start page and I am finding the stat as below.

Total_misses: 0

total_misses: 0 [ 0 0 0 0 ]

user_misses: 0 [ 0 0 0 0 ]

supervisor_misses: 0 [ 0 0 0 0 ]

instruction_executed: 4 [ 1 1 1 1 ]

simics_cycles_executed: 8 [ 2 2 2 2 ]

cycles_per_instruction: 0 [ 0 0 0 0 ]

misses_per_thousand_instructions: 0 [ 0 0 0 0 ]

All L1 and L2 cache stats are displaying 0 and even the Load, Fetch and Store cycles.

L1D_cache cache stats:

  L1D_cache_total_misses: 0

  L1D_cache_total_demand_misses: 0

  L1D_cache_total_prefetches: 0

  L1D_cache_total_sw_prefetches: 0

  L1D_cache_total_hw_prefetches: 0

  L1D_cache_misses_per_transaction: 0

  L1D_cache_misses_per_instruction: 0

  L1D_cache_instructions_per_misses: NaN

  L1D_cache_request_size: [binsize: log2 max: 0 count: 0 average: NaN |standard deviation: NaN | 0 ]

[The above same result is been shown for L1I and L2.]

--- L1Cache ---

 - Event Counts -

Load  0

Ifetch  0

Store  0

L1_to_L2  0

L2_to_L1D  0

L2_to_L1I  0

L2_Replacement  0

As mentioned in the Quick start, I have ran the simulation for 1processor. Later after seeing this result, I started playing with processor count and other relative values but still I wasn’t able to increase the load. I know I am asking a basic question.

So should I got to execute Microbenchmarks or Tester over the GEMS to have the load over the simulator? If so, can I know how simulate with load?

Thanks,

Dinagar