Re: [Gems-users] Error loading Opal

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:57:00 +0800
From: "Cihat Basol" <cihatbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error loading Opal
Hi,

I actually fixed the problem by reinstalling simics and the gems with an earlier version of gcc  (i.e. 3.4.3). Initially, I had installed simics with gcc 4.x and I kept trying to compile gems with different versions of gcc(3.4 and 4.x, etc.). None of them worked. So it's not just about compiling gems with an older version but also compiling simics with an older version as well. I would recommend you to compile both of them with 3.4.x. I hope this would help.

Thanks,
Cihat.