Re: [Gems-users] PT_TO_PT topology

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:20:10 -0600
From: "Zhang Yu" <thuzhangyu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] PT_TO_PT topology
Thanks for the explaination.

Yu

On Jan 24, 2008 8:47 AM, selcuk koyuncu <koyuncu7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
u dont connect each node to every other nodes directly ,in this topology, chips are connected PT_to_PT ,not nodes ( e.g. ;there is no direct connection between chip0.L1Cache with chip1.L1Cache )and inside this chips nodes are connected with a switch..

Zhang Yu <thuzhangyu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about how the PT_TO_PT topology works in GEMS. Does this topology create a fully-connected network (which means there is a connection between every 2 nodes)? If so, how would I see the TORUS_2D topology gives better performance when other parameters are set the same?

Thanks,
Yu