Re: [Gems-users] Problems with -sign-module

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:24:03 +0200
From: Carles Hernández <carherlu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Problems with -sign-module
   Dan,
I have set the GEMS_ROOT variable to $(SRC_BASE). I've compiled ruby and simics many times, but always appears the same error (Error 2) after building ruby. I've succesfully installed Gems with simics 2.0.X, but I need to use simics 3.
Thank you for your help.

Carles,
I looked into things, and made a mistake in answering your question. There is no longer an explicit SIMICS_VERSION flag in the module makefiles of Gems 1.3. There *IS*, however, a path that must be set appropriately for Simics 3.0, which specifies the Makefile's GEMS_ROOT variable. Can you please verify that your ruby/module/Makefile has GEMS_ROOT set to $(SRC_BASE)/../../ ?
(then make clean and build again)

Regards,
Dan

Dan Gibson wrote:
    I think this changed in GEMS 1.4 ... I could be wrong. When I
    initially ported GEMS to Simics 3, my port had a flag in
    ruby/module/Makefile -- that may have disappeared.

    Daniel Nussbaum - Sun Microsystems - Burlington United States wrote:
        I'm pretty sure that the only place that SIMICS_VERSION needs to be
        set is in

          common/Makefile.simics_version

        (This is different from what Carles said that he did.)

        dann

            Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:57:27 -0500
            From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>

            As I recall, there is another flag that must be set in ruby/module/Makefile.

            Regards,
            Dan

            Carles Hernández wrote:
                Thank you Dan for your answer.
                I have set the SIMICS_VERSION flag to 3.0 in $GEMS/common/Makefile.common.
                Did you mean this flag?