Re: [Gems-users] Error loading ruby/opal in Gems 2.0

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:53:30 -0400
From: Hemayet Hossain <hossain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error loading ruby/opal in Gems 2.0
Hi Jayaram,
Thanks a lot. Doing as you suggested solved ruby problem. But I amfacing another problem with opal. I am getting following error message while loading opal.
Error loading module 'opal': Failed to load module 'opal' ('/home/vax4/p2/arch/hossain/gems-2.0/workspace/amd64-linux/lib/opal.so'): "undefined symbol: _ZN22generic_cache_templateI21generic_cache_block_tE12OracleAccessEy"

Can you please suggest something?
Thanks,
Hemayet

Jayaram Bobba wrote:
SIM_hap_register_callback seems to have been removed in simics 3.0.x
I believe it is only used to install logtm-specific callbacks. So if you
are not using
TM functionality you could comment it out safely in $GEMS/ruby/module/ruby.c
If you plan on using TM functionality, you should convert
SIM_hap_register_callback
to SIM_hap_add_callback. It should be fairly easy. Look around the code
in ruby.c
for examples.

Jayaram

Hemayet Hossain wrote:

Hi,
I was trying to use gem 2.0 and for that installed with simics 3.0.14. I
could compile both ruby and opal without any error with protocol
"MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory". While I try to load ruby I get the following
error...
Error loading module 'ruby': Failed to load module 'ruby'
('/home/vax4/p2/arch/hossain/gems-2.0/workspace/amd64-linux/lib/ruby.so'):
"undefined symbol: SIM_hap_register_callback"