Re: [Gems-users] Some question about the opal

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:03:40 -0600 (CST)
From: Luke Yen <lyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Some question about the opal

The functions in opal/system/cache.[Ch] don't compile cleanly with gcc 4.X. So for the 2.0 release I moved the definitions that wasn't working (when compiling with our gcc 4.x) from the cache.C file to cache.h file. It looks like you need to do the same for OracleAccess() (and perhaps additional functions as well). If you can solve this problem without doing this, please post your solution to this mailing list.

Regarding the #if 0 in simdist12.C, these function declarations are a Simics 2.0 specific problem. For Gems 2.0 I removed the 2.0.X option for SIMICS_VERSION in Makefile.simics_version, since this flag is no longer used in any of our other code. And by default this flag is set to 2.2.X, so I ended up just special-casing this Simics 2.0 specific problem in simdist12.C.

   Luke