[Gems-users] Off-chip accesses

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:01:15 +0100
From: pana <panasa1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Off-chip accesses
Hello all,

I'm using simics + ruby to simulate a CMP system with: 8 CPUs, 16MB shared L2 cache, MOESI_CMP_NUCA protocol.
I need to count the off-chip accesses from my L2 cache to RAM memory, (memory controller is called Directory)
I found in the Slicc file "MOESI_CMP_NUCA-dir.sm" the TRANSITIONs which perform ACTIONs with "latency = MEMORY_LATENCY"  and I have counted the their total number showed in ruby stats file.
I found a very low number of off-chip accesses in comparison with the number of misses.

actions:
- action(d_sendDataWithAllTokens, "d", desc="Send data and tokens to requestor")
- action(dd_sendDataWithAllTokensToStarver, "\d", desc="Send data and tokens to starver")

transactions:
- transition(M, GETX, NO)
- transition(M, GETS, NO)
- transition(M, Lockdown, L)
- transition(O, GETX, NO)
- transition(O, GETS, NO)

Is this procedure correct to calculate off-chip accesses?

francesco