[Gems-users] LogTM 32 Processor Limit

Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:47:39 -0400
From: "James Poe" <gemsmaillist@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] LogTM 32 Processor Limit
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew the reason that the current implementation of:

void TransactionManager::commitTransaction(int xid)

has an assertion that limits the maximum number of processors that can be simulated with LogTM to 32?

Within that function we have,

    if(g_SIMICS){
      NodeID id = m_chip_ptr->getID()*RubyConfig::numberOfProcsPerChip()+m_version;
      ASSERT(id < 32);
      m_registers.enableInterrupts(id);
    }

I have done a quick, naive search and I'm not sure why this limitation is in place.  Is it still necessary, or would I be OK to remove this so that I could simulate a 64 processor system?

Thanks in advance,

James