[Gems-users] ASI handlers?!!?

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:16:18 +0100
From: mehmetderin.harmanci@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Gems-users] ASI handlers?!!?
 Hello,

 I know this sounds more like a Simics issue, but I thought either Ruby
 takes care of the problem or there are some ways to do what I like
 in Ruby.

 OK. Here is the problem: I need to define a new ASI and to be able to
 handle accesses to an alternate space and I would like to attribute a
 delay for this alternate space access. Since Ruby is meant to be
 providing timing information to Simics my first question is the following:
 Can Ruby receive requests for an ASI that is not that of the main memory
 (like the ASI_PRIMARY etc.)? If it can not is it possible to make it
 sensitive to that alternate ASI by installing a kind of ASI handler
 (I have seen such handlers on Simics reference manual but I do not know
 how to use them)? Finally, if anybody knows how to deal with ASI handlers,
 especially how to install them, that would be of great help to me.

 Sorry to disturb with such a question, but I'm quite desperate about
 the problem.

 Best Regards,

 Derin Harmanci.