[Gems-users] trouble with ruby cycles

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] trouble with ruby cycles
Hello,

I've been having trouble with understanding why my
work reports higher Ruby_cycles than an unmodified
system. It's been several weeks, but I haven't find a
clue yet. I would really appreciate if you could show
me some pointers on how to profile further.

So far I've looked into several factors such as
network contention, network bandwidth, number of
misses, and number of total events, but none of them
seems to be the reason.

Also, I removed profiling of instruction references,
but didn't make a lot difference. Even reducing the
latency of my actions didn't make a lot difference.
Please let me know what else could result in an
increased number of Ruby_cycles.

Thanks a lot!

Dave