[Gems-users] Tester.exec and event triggering

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:22:36 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Tester.exec and event triggering
Hi all. I'm using tester.exec to perform trace driven simulations, and
I have a question: after all references in the trace file have been
read and a void line is found in the file by the tracer, are all the
events generated by the last reference processed or does the
simulation end without processing some of the events?

I have this doubts because I don't understand some ruby output
statistics about DNUCA_L2CACHE hits, misses, allocations and
promotions.

Another question:

Do I introduce a bug or problems if in function
"Tracer::playbackTrace" I substitute the function call:

g_eventQueue_ptr->triggerEvents(g_eventQueue_ptr->getTime() + 1000);
// FIXME - should be smarter

with:

g_eventQueue_ptr->triggerAllEvents()

?