Re: [Gems-users] File Specified Network

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:57:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hemayet Hossain <hossain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] File Specified Network
Thanks Lei for sharp reply. I understand what you are saying.

I want to assign 4 processor per chip and these 4 procs sharing the same L1 cache (i.e. the Niagara architecture; 8 L1 controllers) then in the network file WHAT should be the processors' value?

Is it
	processors:32
	procs_per_chip:4
or
	processors:8
	proc_per_chip:1

Thanks.

In your rubyconfig.defaults file, you should specify the following:

g_NETWORK_TOPOLOGY: FILE_SPECIFIED
g_CACHE_DESIGN: NUCA (or your own cache design name)

Please also take a look at ruby/network/simple/Network_files. There you'll
see a bunch of network files. The naming convention according to my
understanding is:

"g_CACHE_DESIGN"_Procs-"number of processors"_ProcsPerChip-"processor per
chip"_L2Banks-"number of l2 banks"_Memories-"number of memories".txt

For example, if your g_CACHE_DESIGN is specified as NUCA, and there are 8
processors, 1 processor per chip, 8 L2 banks, and 8 memories, the file name
may be:

NUCA_Procs-8_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-8_Memories-8.txt

Hope this helps.
Lei