Re: [Gems-users] (no subject)

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:33:20 +0100
From: nikolaos@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] (no subject)
I did eliminate the symlinks. No change noticed.
The obj directory exists in MOSI_SMP_bcast directory and is full of object files
while the make is happening, but it is being removed at the end of the process.

Quoting Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>:

> I assume then that there are object files in a subdirectory of
> $GEMS/ruby/x86-linux?
> Try eliminating those symlinks and recompile.
>
> Mike Marty wrote:
> >> /home/nikolas/gems is a link to /media/gems
> >> so this shouldn't affect anything. I am beginning to think that since
> Ubuntu
> >> does a minimal installation by default, I am missing a library or
> something
> >> similar. Unfortunately the error message isn't helping.
> >>

> > No, I doubt that.  The symbol it is having problems linking with is
> > defined in $GEMS/common/util
> >
> > The issue here is that Ruby/Opal Makefiles will build the object files.
> > Then to build a Simics module, we use the Virtutech Makefile which may be
> > using a different compiler.  The compilers do not seem to agree on the
> > names of mangled symbols.
> >
> > This problem comes up frequently on the list.  We currently do not have a
> > clear, bullet-proof solution.
> >
> > --Mike

/home/nikolas/gems/programs/sparc/simics/../ruby/x86-linux/generated//obj/*.o:

> am

> haven't

/home/nikolas/gems/programs/sparc/simics/x86-linux/obj/include/simics/module_id.c